Traditional critical thinking training, such as our Critical Thinking Boot Camp, focuses on problem-solving techniques that boost decision makers’ performance and enhance team communication. However, keen leaders know that effective problem solving is only one part of a complete decision-making process.
To further sharpen your mind, Paragon7 builds upon the traditional critical thinking foundations to strengthen your cognitive skills across the wider decision-making process: first observing indicators, internalizing what you’ve observed, making decisions, and then putting them into action.
Within this context, Paragon7 emphasizes seven high-value mental skills:
- attentional control
- problem solving
Through the Paragon7 course, participants will learn about these abilities and how mastering them provides an edge—especially in today’s volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous business environment. Participants will leave the workshop with a better understanding of their own thinking processes and with practical tools for applying the Paragon7 competencies within their own organizations.
By the conclusion of the workshop, you will:
- Define the wider decision-cycle and the seven high-impact mental skills that support it
- Identify mental bottlenecks and pitfalls that sabotage effective thinking (and how to avoid them)
- Learn new tools and techniques for problem solving and communication, especially at the system level
- Practice advanced techniques for improving their attentional focus, rapidly making sense of complex situations, and continuously improving your own thinking skills
- Learn practical techniques for enhancing organizational dynamics
- Create a plan of action to make a tangible, positive impact in your organization